Dave Halpern is a Bethlehem mesothelioma lawyer with decades of experience working with asbestos victims in Pennsylvania. Bethlehem’s industrial past, especially in steel, contributed to asbestos exposure in many workers and residents. Many of those people developed serious illnesses later.
For more information on Dave Halpern and how he can help you and your family, visit our Meet Dave Halpern page and complete our simple Free Consultation form. He can answer all your questions about mesothelioma litigation and other options.
What is a Bethlehem Mesothelioma Lawyer?
A Bethlehem mesothelioma lawyer is an attorney with experience advocating for and representing victims of negligent asbestos exposure. Asbestos is a leading risk factor for mesothelioma, an aggressive and deadly cancer. It can also cause asbestosis, a progressive lung disease, and lung cancer.
Mesothelioma lawyers focus on clients suffering because of asbestos exposure. For most people, this occurred in the workplace. Lawyers help them understand their options, investigate their exposure, connect them with medical specialists, make claims to asbestos trusts, and start lawsuits against the companies responsible.
Where in Bethlehem Were People Exposed to Asbestos?
Bethlehem is in both Lehigh and Northampton Counties, two counties that rank high in the state for asbestos deaths. They bear this distinction because of the heavy industry that dominated the region’s economy for so many years.
In Bethlehem and nearby towns, like Allentown, steel, textile mills, and manufacturing plants employed many while also using a lot of asbestos. These are just some examples of those companies that used asbestos and put workers at risk:
- Air Reduction Plant
- Allied Chemical Corporation
- Bethlehem Foundry Machine
- Bethlehem Iron Works
- Bethlehem Silk Company
- Bethlehem Steel
- Central New Jersey Railroad
- Lehigh Coke Company
- Lehigh Valley Railroad Company
- National Portland Cement
- Pennsylvania Perlite Corporation
- R.K. Laros Silk Company
- Saucon Plant
- Steelton and Highspire Railroad Company
Bethlehem Steel employed many residents of Bethlehem and the nearby areas. It was the major employer in the area for decades and the second-largest steel company after U.S. Steel in Pittsburgh. The steel industry used asbestos to protect against the extremely high temperatures used in making steel.
Retirees of Bethlehem Steel still face the possibility of developing mesothelioma, lung cancer, or asbestosis because of years on the job. The risk spreads out to other areas of the country as well. Bethlehem Steel operated shipyards in several ports, from the east to the west coast.
How Do I Know if I Need a Bethlehem Mesothelioma Lawyer?
You can benefit from talking to a lawyer if you have any concerns or questions about asbestos and mesothelioma. Reputable mesothelioma lawyers offer a free initial visit to answer your questions, so there’s no risk.
A Bethlehem mesothelioma lawyer may be able to help you if you have lived or work in the area, and:
- You know you worked in an industry or an employer like Bethlehem Steel, who definitely used asbestos.
- You suspect you worked around asbestos, but you’re not sure or cannot prove it.
- You aren’t sure if you worked with asbestos, but you now have respiratory or mesothelioma symptoms.
- You received a diagnosis of an asbestos-related illness.
- You have a diagnosis and tried to get compensation but without success.
- You lost a family member to mesothelioma or another asbestos illness.
What Will a Bethlehem Mesothelioma Lawyer Do to Help Me?
A mesothelioma lawyer is an expert in all areas of the law related to negligent asbestos exposure. One of the most important things they can do for you is answer your questions, provide advice, and give you options. Local lawyers in Bethlehem can also provide information about the use of asbestos in the area and where you may have been exposed.
If you think you have grounds for seeking compensation or taking legal action, the right lawyer can help you in several ways:
- Investigate where you encountered asbestos
- Determine the company responsible for your exposure
- Find an asbestos trust, if relevant, and make a claim for compensation
- Provide a medical expert to prove your illness is related to asbestos exposure
- Gather evidence to build a strong case
- File a lawsuit against the company, or companies, responsible
- Negotiate for a settlement to avoid going to court
- Litigate in court if negotiations fail
- Give you the best possible chance of recovering damages for medical expenses and other costs
What Should I Look for in a Bethlehem Mesothelioma Lawyer?
The right lawyer for your case is someone with knowledge of the local area and asbestos use. They should also have a primary focus on asbestos cases and experience working with and winning for clients like you.
Meet with lawyers for free initial consultations before committing to hiring someone. This gives you a chance to ask questions and determine the right lawyer for you. You should feel comfortable with their experience, past results, commitment to your case, and fees.
We can help you connect with Dave Halpern, an experienced Bethlehem mesothelioma lawyer with more than 30 years working with asbestos victims. He focuses solely on advocating for clients harmed by asbestos and taking on the companies responsible. Use our Free Consultation form to get in touch.
Page Reviewed and Edited by
Dave Halpern, Mesothelioma Attorney
Dave Halpern is a Pennsylvania and New Jersey mesothelioma attorney with over 30 years of experience. He has investigated hundreds of cases and won numerous multimillion dollar settlements and verdicts for asbestos victims. Dave prides himself on working tirelessly to help his clients in their time of need.