In Toms River, mesothelioma lawyers are important. The Toms River and Ocean County have some of the highest rates in the state of deaths from asbestos exposure. Dave Halpern is a lawyer who helps asbestos victims and their families in the area and throughout New Jersey.
To find out more about his experience and what he can do to help you and your family, let us get you in touch with Dave Halpern. Call us at(800) 769-2027 or use or Free Consultation form to send us your information.
What is a Toms River Mesothelioma Lawyer?
A mesothelioma lawyer is a specialist. They have expertise and experience with negligent asbestos exposure, the liable companies, and the victims who get sick.
A Toms River mesothelioma lawyer has specific expertise in the area. They help local victims by providing advice, information, and legal representation.
How Do People Get Exposed to Asbestos in Toms River?
Toms River residents may need a mesothelioma lawyer mostly because of past exposure, although existing asbestos still poses risks to many. A few companies, all chemical companies, in the area have been associated with asbestos use:
- Ciba-Geigy Corporation
- Cincinnati Chemical Corporation
- Toms River Chemical Company
Chemical manufacturers were major employers in Toms River, but they have also been responsible for releasing toxins into the environment.
Not only did they put workers at risk of asbestos exposure, but they also put the entire community at risk. Toms River residents are still living with the residual toxic substances in their water and soil.
Toms River is also home to a Superfund site, known as Reich Farm. The owners leased the property to a waste company in the 1970s, which led to the dumping of toxic materials. These may have included asbestos.
An unusual number of residents of Toms River have cancer. Toms River has been labeled a cancer cluster. Many people blame the chemical companies and dumping sites, but it has been hard to prove.
Asbestos, as well as many other substances contaminating the water and soil here could be to blame.
Do I Need a Toms River Mesothelioma Lawyer?
If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma or another asbestos disease, you need a lawyer. You do not need to have a diagnosis to work with a lawyer, though.
Many people in Toms River suffered exposure to asbestos, mostly through their jobs.
If you worked in any of these industries, you could be affected:
- Auto repair
- Building maintenance and repair
- Construction laboring
- Factories and manufacturing
- Iron or steel milling
- Shipyard work, including longshoreman and Navy veterans
If you worked in a job that puts you at high risk for asbestos exposure or for one of the Toms River chemical companies, contact a local mesothelioma lawyer. Even if you don’t know for sure you were exposed, a lawyer can help you.
How Will a Toms River Mesothelioma Lawyer Help Me?
With their specialized expertise and extensive experience, Toms River mesothelioma lawyers can help you in several ways:
- They’ll investigate your case and determine where you encountered asbestos.
- A lawyer can find out the companies responsible for your asbestos exposure.
- They will connect you with medical experts to prove your illness and symptoms are caused by asbestos exposure in the past.
- A mesothelioma lawyer can provide advice and clarify your options so you know what steps to take next.
- They can track down the responsible companies, find out if they still exist, and if they have asbestos trusts set up.
- A lawyer will help you file a claim with an asbestos trust to get compensation.
- Your lawyer can also help you sue a company that still exists and does not have a trust fund for compensating victims.
- They’ll negotiate a settlement on your behalf or take the companies to court for a jury verdict.
- Your lawyer can also help you file a wrongful death lawsuit if you lost a loved one to asbestos in Toms River.
What to Look for in a Toms River Mesothelioma Lawyer
If you have questions or concerns about asbestos exposure in Toms River, look for a lawyer who knows the area, is licensed in New Jersey, and devotes most or all of their practice to asbestos cases.
The right lawyer should have years of experience working with asbestos victims and the results to prove it.
Don’t settle for a general lawyer or someone who only spends some of their time working on asbestos cases. You need a true mesothelioma lawyer, a professional dedicated to advocating for the victims of negligent asbestos exposure. They have the experience and the knowledge you need.
Mesothelioma and asbestos victims in Toms River have legal options. To find out what you can do to get justice and seek damages, use our Free Consultation form. Dave Halpern, a leading Toms River mesothelioma lawyer, can answer your question and provide expert advice based on more than 30 years of experience.
Page Reviewed and Edited by
Dave Halpern, Mesothelioma Attorney
Dave Halpern is a Pennsylvania and New Jersey mesothelioma attorney with over 30 years of experience. He has investigated hundreds of cases and won numerous multimillion dollar settlements and verdicts for asbestos victims. Dave prides himself on working tirelessly to help his clients in their time of need.
- https://cumulis.epa.gov/supercpad/SiteProfiles/index.cfm?fuseaction=second.Cleanup&id=0200662 – bkground